The California Chamber of Commerce has named 28 local chambers of commerce to receive the 2018 President’s Circle Award.
The award, first presented in 2009, recognizes chambers for excellence in business advocacy and helping their members comply with California employment laws. Representatives of the President’s Circle chambers were honored May 23 during the CalChamber Capitol Summit in Sacramento.
Seven of the chambers have received the award all 10 years it has been presented.
The 2018 recipients of the President’s Circle Award are as follows. An * marks recipients who have received the award all 10 years:
• Greater Bakersfield Chamber*: Nicholas Ortiz, president/CEO;
• Camarillo Chamber: Gary Cushing, president/CEO;
• Greater Coachella Valley Chamber: Joshua Bonner, CEO;
• Greater Conejo Valley Chamber*: Jill Lederer, president/CEO;
• Corona Chamber: Bobby Spiegel, president/CEO;
• Culver City Chamber*: Colin Diaz, president/CEO;
• El Centro Area Chamber & Visitors Bureau*;
• Greater Fresno Area Chamber: Nathan Ahle, president/CEO;
• Gilroy Chamber: Mark Turner, president/CEO;
• Lake Elsinore Valley Chamber: Kim Joseph Cousins, president/CEO;
• Lodi District Chamber: Pat Patrick, president/CEO;
• Long Beach Area Chamber*: Randy Gordon, president/CEO;
• Murrieta/Wildomar Chamber: Patrick Ellis, president/CEO;
• Oakdale Chamber: Mary Guardiola, CEO;
• Oxnard Chamber: Nancy Lindholm, president/CEO;
• Palm Desert Area Chamber*: Debbie Frazer, interim president/CEO;
• Porterville Chamber: Monte Reyes, president/CEO;
• Greater Riverside Chambers*: Cindy Roth, president/CEO;
• Roseville Area Chamber: Wendy Gerig, CEO;
• Greater San Fernando Valley Chamber: Nancy Hoffman Vanyek, president/CEO;
• The Chamber of the Santa Barbara Region: Ken Oplinger, president/CEO;
• Santa Maria Valley Chamber: Glenn D. Morris, president/CEO;
• The Silicon Valley Organization: Matt Mahood, president/CEO;
• Simi Valley Chamber: Rana Ghadban, president/CEO;
• Temecula Valley Chamber: Alice Sullivan, president/CEO;
• Torrance Area Chamber: Donna Duperron, CEO;
• Tulare Chamber, Donnette Silva Carter, CEO;
• Victor Valley Chamber: Mark Creffield, president/CEO.
President’s Circle Award recipients published vote records of their state legislators on key business issues, generated letters to state elected officials on issues of interest to members and participated in the CalChamber compliance product resale program at an exemplary level.