The California Chamber of Commerce has named 14 local chambers of commerce as recipients of the 2022 President’s Circle Award.
The award, first presented in 2009, recognizes chambers for excellence in business advocacy and helping their members comply with California employment laws.
The award-winning chambers were announced during the CalChamber Capitol Summit on June 1, 2022.
Four of the chambers have received the award all 14 years it has been presented.
The 2022 recipients of the President’s Circle Award are as follows. An * marks the chambers that have received the award all 14 years:
• Greater Bakersfield Chamber*: Nicholas Ortiz, president/CEO;
• Carlsbad Chamber: Bret Schanzenbach, president/CEO;
• Greater Conejo Valley Chamber*: Danielle Borja, president/CEO;
• Corona Chamber: Bobby Spiegel, president/CEO;
• Greater High Desert Chamber: Mark Creffield, president/CEO;
• Imperial Valley Regional Chamber: Vicki Zamora, chief financial officer;
• Lake Elsinore Valley Chamber: Kim Cousins, president/CEO;
• Long Beach Area Chamber*: Jeremy Harris, president/CEO;
• Greater Riverside Chambers*: Cindy Roth, president/CEO;
• Santa Maria Valley Chamber: Glenn Morris, president/CEO;
• Simi Valley Chamber: Kathi Van Etten, president/CEO;
• The Chamber of Commerce for Greater Brawley: Ramiro Urias, CEO;
• Tulare Chamber: Donnette Silva Carter, president/CEO;
• West Ventura County Business Alliance: Nancy Lindholm, president/CEO.
President’s Circle Award recipients published vote records of their state legislators on key business issues, generated letters to state elected officials on issues of interest to members and participated in the CalChamber compliance product resale program at an exemplary level.