The California Chamber of Commerce has named 14 local chambers of commerce as recipients of the 2021 President’s Circle Award.
The award, first presented in 2009, recognizes chambers for excellence in business advocacy and helping their members comply with California employment laws.
The award-winning chambers were announced during the CalChamber Virtual Capitol Summit on May 12, 2021.
Five of the chambers have received the award all 13 years it has been presented.
The 2021 recipients of the President’s Circle Award are as follows. An * marks the chambers that have received the award all 13 years:
• Greater Bakersfield Chamber*: Nicholas Ortiz, president/CEO;
• Carlsbad Chamber: Bret Schanzenbach, president/CEO;
• Greater Coachella Valley Chamber: Diana Soto, interim president/CEO;
• Greater Conejo Valley Chamber*: Danielle Borja, president/CEO;
• El Centro Chamber and Visitors Bureau*: Daniel Sohn,CEO;
• Greater High Desert Chamber: Mark Creffield, president/CEO;
• Lake Elsinore Valley Chamber: Kim Joseph Cousins, president/CEO;
• Long Beach Area Chamber*: Jeremy Harris, president/CEO;
• Oxnard Chamber: Nancy Lindholm, president/CEO;
• Greater Riverside Chambers*: Cindy Roth, president/CEO;
• Santa Maria Valley Chamber: Glenn Morris, president/CEO;
• Simi Valley Chamber: Kathi Van Etten, president/CEO;
• Temecula Valley Chamber: Emily Falappino, president/CEO;
• Tulare Chamber: Donnette Silva Carter, president/CEO.
President’s Circle Award recipients published vote records of their state legislators on key business issues, generated letters to state elected officials on issues of interest to members and participated in the CalChamber compliance product resale program at an exemplary level.