Seven California Chamber of Commerce member companies were recently chosen by the Sacramento Business Journal as some of the best places to work in Sacramento.
The list recognizes businesses that, according to their employees, achieve high marks in categories like teamwork, trust, compensation and benefits.
The list was broken into five categories: micro companies with 10 to 24 employees, small companies with 25 to 49 employees, medium companies with 50 to 149 employees, large companies with 150 to 499 employees and very large companies with 500 to 999 employees. The top three companies in each category are ranked; the remaining are not.
The CalChamber member companies included on this year’s list are:
(25 – 49 employees)
• Buchalter APC, a full-service law firm, came in at No. 2. In addition to offering a wide variety of perks, from monthly birthday celebrations to a health care plan in which the firm pays 100% of the premiums, the company works hard to uphold a positive and inclusive workplace for its employees.
• Owen-Dunn Insurance Services, an insurance brokerage focused on group captive insurance programs, is an honoree. A healthy work-life balance is the first priority for the company, which offers flexible work hours, generous paid time off (PTO) and telecommuting options.
(50 – 149 employees)
• Descor Builders, a construction company, took the No. 1 spot. The management at Descor strives to build up the skills and confidence of its employees, granting performance reviews, mentoring and mid-year check-ins—all the while ensuring that employees can be home by 5 p.m. to have dinner with their families.
• Five Star Bank, an honoree, is also ranked among the top 5% of similarly sized banks in the nation. More than anything, the bank aims to secure a supportive team of professionals who are equally committed to the well-being of their coworkers and the company.
• Kitchell CEM, a construction and engineering firm, is an honoree. Via its profit-sharing plan and commitment to contributing $25 per hour per employee to nonprofits, the company encourages its employees to have a direct impact on the growth of both their workplace and the world around them.
• Boutin Jones Inc., a law firm specializing in agribusiness, health care and real estate, is an honoree. Company leadership understands that those who work at Boutin Jones also have responsibilities outside of work, providing a flexible environment for employees to tend to their lives in and out of the office.
(150 – 499 employees)
• Stantec Consulting Services Inc., an engineering, design and architectural firm, is an honoree. One of the biggest pros of working at Stantec Consulting Services, according to its employees, is the opportunity to make a real difference in the world, such as designing hospitals and delivering clean water to their communities.
To view the full list of the Sacramento Business Journal’s “Best Places to Work,” visit www.bizjournals.com.