The California Chamber of Commerce has named 19 local chambers of commerce to receive the 2019 President’s Circle Award.
The award, first presented in 2009, recognizes chambers for excellence in business advocacy and helping their members comply with California employment laws. Representatives of the President’s Circle chambers were honored on May 22 during the CalChamber Capitol Summit in Sacramento.
Six of the chambers have received the award all 11 years it has been presented.
The 2019 recipients of the President’s Circle Award are as follows. An * marks chambers that have received the award all 11 years:
• Greater Bakersfield Chamber*: Nicholas Ortiz, president/CEO;
• Camarillo Chamber: Gary Cushing, president/CEO;
• Greater Coachella Valley Chamber: Joshua Bonner, president/CEO;
• Greater Conejo Valley Chamber*: Jill Lederer, president/CEO;
• Corona Chamber: Bobby Spiegel, president/CEO;
• El Centro Area Chamber & Visitors Bureau*: Anthony Moreno, chief operating officer;
• Fresno Chamber: Nathan Ahle, president/CEO;
• Lake Elsinore Valley Chamber: Kim Joseph Cousins, president/CEO;
• Lodi District Chamber: Pat Patrick, president/CEO;
• Long Beach Area Chamber*: Randy Gordon, president/CEO;
• Menifee Valley Chamber: Tony LoPiccolo, president/CEO;
• Oxnard Chamber: Nancy Lindholm, president/CEO;
• Palm Desert Area Chamber*: Todd Rhoden, president/CEO;
• Greater Riverside Chambers*: Cindy Roth, president/CEO;
• Greater San Fernando Valley Chamber: Nancy Hoffman Vanyek, president/CEO;
• Simi Valley Chamber: Kathi Van Etten, president/CEO;
• Torrance Area Chamber: Donna Duperron, president/CEO;
• Tulare Chamber: Donnette Silva Carter, CEO;
• Victor Valley Chamber: Mark Creffield, president/CEO.
President’s Circle Award recipients published vote records of their state legislators on key business issues, generated letters to state elected officials on issues of interest to members, and participated in the CalChamber compliance product resale program at an exemplary level.