Thirty-four California Chamber of Commerce member companies were recently highlighted by the San Francisco Business Times / Silicon Valley Business Journal as some of the best companies to work for in the Bay Area in 2020.
The list, published annually, commends businesses whose employees rate them the highest on values like a collaborative culture, compensation and benefits, and management practices. The list is designed to highlight the companies that stand out for having exceptional workplaces with highly engaged workforces.
These companies have gone above and beyond to support their employees, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic. The special section listing the best places to work commented: “These companies have rapidly adjusted policies to remain resilient and connect with employees in the best way possible, while relying on cultural values established in better times as a guidestar through the current uncertainty.”
The list was broken into five categories: “smallest” companies with 25–49 employees, small companies with 50–99 employees, midsize companies with 100–249 employees, large companies with 250–999 employees and “largest” companies with more than 1,000 employees.
The 34 CalChamber member companies that made the list are:
• Pacific Ridge Builders, a general contractor, ranked No. 2.
• Realize CPA LLP, a tax advisory firm, ranked No. 15.
• SD Mayer & Associates LLP, an accounting, business advisory, and wealth management company, ranked No. 24.
• Rodan Builders, a general contractor, ranked No. 6.
• Lattice, a performance management software company, ranked No. 2.
• Syserco, an energy management company, ranked No. 3
• Filice Insurance Agency, a health insurance and employee benefits company, ranked No. 7.
• Demandbase, a business-to-business marketing firm, ranked No. 9.
• Course Hero, an online learning platform, ranked No. 10.
• Farella Braun + Martel LLP, a law firm, ranked No. 11.
• Dome Construction, a general contractor, ranked No. 12.
• Zumper, a residential real estate platform, ranked No. 14.
• Human Interest, a 401(k) provider for small and medium-sized businesses, ranked No. 19.
• ANX Home Healthcare and Hospice Care, a family health services company, ranked No. 22.
• Recurly, a digital real estate company, ranked No. 28.
• OneDigital Health & Benefits, a health care broker, ranked No. 31.
• XL Construction, a general contractor, ranked No. 1.
• Segment, a customer data infrastructure company, ranked No. 3.
• Slalom, a consulting firm focused on strategy, technology and business transformation, ranked No. 5.
• Swinerton Builders, a general contractor, ranked No. 11.
• Golden State Lumber, a retail building materials dealer, ranked No. 13.
• Sprig Electric, an electrical contracting company, ranked No. 16.
• Frank, Rimerman + Co. LLP, a certified public accounting and advisory firm, ranked No. 17.
• Moss Adams, a public accounting firm, ranked No. 18.
• Prometheus Real Estate Group, a residential real estate company, ranked No. 19.
• Hanson Bridgett LLP, a private practice law firm, ranked No. 24.
• Sheppard Mullin, a law firm, ranked No. 27.
• BPM LLP, an accounting firm, ranked No. 28.
• Salesforce, a customer relationship management company, ranked No. 3.
• Webcor, a full-service, self-performing general contractor, ranked No. 4.
• Rosendin Electric, an electrical construction company, ranked No. 7.
• Telecare Corp., a mental heath care company, ranked No. 9.
• Cruise Automation, a self-driving vehicle manufacturer, ranked No. 10.
To view the full list of the “Best Places to Work in the Bay Area in 2020,” visit www.bizjournals.com.