Eighteen California Chamber of Commerce member companies were recently selected as among the “Best Places to Work” in the Bay Area by the San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal.
The list, which is compiled annually as a joint project by the publications, highlights Bay Area companies whose employees rate them highest on such values as a collaborative culture, solid compensation and benefits, and good management practices.
Companies that made the best places to work list were featured in a special April edition of the San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal.
The companies featured on the list were categorized into five groups: Largest (employers with more than 1,000 employees); Large (employers with 250-999 employees); Midsize (employers with 100-249 employees); Small (50-99 employees); and Smallest (employers with 25-49 employees). Companies with fewer than 25 employees were not included.
Below are the CalChamber member companies recognized in the “Best Places to Work in the Bay Area” list:
• Hyatt Hotels of the Bay Area, a hotel hospitality chain, was ranked No. 2.
• Rosendin Electric, an electrical construction firm, was ranked No. 6.
• Udemy, a platform for learning and teaching online, ranked No. 1.
• Golden State Lumber, a building materials retailer, ranked No. 2.
• Optimizely, an experience optimization platform, ranked No. 4.
• Hotel Nikko San Francisco, hotel/hospitality, ranked No. 11.
• Prometheus Real Estate Group, largest private owner of multifamily properties in the San Francisco Bay Area, ranked No. 22.
• Hanson Bridgett LLP, law firm, ranked No. 33.
• Dynamic Signal, an employee communication and engagement platform, ranked No. 4.
• Filice Insurance Agency, employee benefits and human resources compliance, rated No. 5.
• Syserco, an energy management and services company, ranked No. 6.
• Dome Construction Corp., a general contractor, ranked No. 20.
• Nevro, a medical technology company, ranked No. 24.
• Course Hero, an online learning platform, ranked No. 25.
• 1st United Credit Union, a credit union, ranked No. 29
• Farella Braun + Martel LLP, a law firm, ranked No. 31.
• ANX Home Healthcare, a home healthcare provider, ranked No. 5.
• Freed Associates, a health care consulting firm, ranked No. 23.