Thirty-three California Chamber of Commerce member companies have been recognized as some of the healthiest employers to work for in the San Francisco Bay Area.
The “2016 Healthiest Employers” special report, a joint project of the San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal, honored 76 companies in the Greater Bay Area that have built comprehensive and innovative wellness programs that take employee health and well-being to the next level.
These employers have created competitions and incentives, offer healthy diet alternatives, weight loss and smoking cessation programs, walking programs, and fitness classes.
According to the San Francisco Business Times, many employers see that company wellness programs not only lead to happier employees, but it’s also just good business.
“Studies have shown that implementing wellness programs, incentives and amenities in the workplace can lower health care costs and lead to higher productivity and increased morale,” the San Francisco Business Times writes.
The report compiled by Healthiest Employer LLC groups companies into four categories: Largest Employers (2,000+ employees), Large Employers (500–1,999 employees), Midsize Employers (100–499 employees), and Small Employers (25–99 employees).
Below are the 33 CalChamber member companies that made the “Healthiest Employers” special report.
• Stanford Health Care, a health care provider, landed on the No. 3 spot for Largest Employers.
• Chevron, an oil and gas company, ranked No. 4.
• Kaiser Permanente, a health care provider, was placed at No. 5.
• Accenture, a professional services provider, came in at No. 6.
• Cooley LLP, a law firm, was selected for the No. 6 place in the Large Employers category.
• McKesson, distributor of pharmaceuticals and medical supplies, ranked No. 8.
• Marin General Hospital ranked No. 9.
• Santa Clara Valley Water District, wholesale water supplier, placed No. 11.
• KLA-Tencor, a semiconductor manufacturing company, landed at No. 14.
• AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah, travel, insurance and auto services provider, ranked No. 15.
• Webcor Builders, a general contractor, placed No. 16.
• Guckenheimer, provider of corporate food service, ranked No. 18.
• El Camino Hospital landed at No. 20.
• American Licorice Co., maker of Red Vines, Sour Punch, Fruit Vines and Super Ropes candy brands, secured the No. 2 spot for the Midsize Employers category.
• Credit Karma, a personal finance and credit management platform, was ranked at No. 5.
• Omnicell Inc., health care automation to manage and deliver medications and supplies, came in at No. 8.
• Sensiba San Filippo LLP, an accounting and business consulting firm, placed No. 9.
• Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. LP, a global investment firm, ranked No. 10.
• XL Construction, a general contractor, ranked No. 12.
• ABD Insurance and Financial Services Inc., an insurance, HR services and risk management company, placed No. 15.
• EPIC Insurance Brokers & Consultants, an insurance retail brokerage, placed No. 16.
• The Cedars of Marin, provider of residential and day program services for adults with disabilities, placed No. 17.
• Workrite Ergonomics, manufacturer of work centers and ergonomic office accessories, ranked No. 18.
• Giant Creative Strategy, a creative health care agency, came in at No. 19.
• Eden Housing, builder of affordable housing, placed No. 20.
• Oshman Family Jewish Community Center, a community center with fitness facility, cultural arts and childhood education, placed No. 22.
• W.L. Butler Construction Inc., a general contractor, ranked No. 28.
• Woodruff-Sawyer & Co., an insurance brokerage, came in at No. 29.
• Switchfly, a technology platform for travel commerce, landed at No. 30.
• Rainbow Light, a nutritional supplement manufacturing company, scored the No. 1 spot.
• Fox Rothschild LLP, a law firm, came in at No. 5.
• Nova Group Inc., a general engineering construction company, placed No. 6.
• The Cooper Cos., a medical device manufacturer, ranked No. 8.
• Filice Insurance, an employee benefits and insurance consulting firm, placed No. 9.
*This story was updated on 02/27/17 to add EPIC Insurance Brokers & Consultants to the list of CalChamber member companies recognized in the “2016 Healthiest Employers” special report.