Twelve California Chamber of Commerce member companies were recently selected by the San Diego Business Journal as some of the best places to work for in the area.
The annual Best Places to Work list, which was released in late August, recognized public and privately held organizations with facilities in San Diego and a minimum of 15 employees.
After 17 years of showcasing San Diego’s best workplaces, the Journal has spotted a shift from traditional benefits, such as retirement packages and wellness programs, to more innovative benefits that provide employees with homelike office environments complete with gourmet catering and on-site fitness facilities.
“…we have seen more and more enlightened managers take a hard look at the negative realities of a revolving, unmotivated workforce and have begun to create new tools to recruit the talent needed and keep them involved and productive,” said Armon Mills, president and publisher of the San Diego Business Journal. “Work/life balance has become a necessity for these extraordinary organizations.”
Companies were divided into four categories: mega (businesses with more than 2,000 U.S. employees), large (250–1,999 employees), medium (50–249 employees), and small (15–49 employees).
The CalChamber member companies that made this year’s San Diego Journal Best Places to Work list were:
• KPMG LLP, an accounting firm;
• Cooley LLP, a law firm;
• eMoney Advisor LLC, a technology company;
• Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego, a hospitality company;
• Renovate America, a financial services firm;
• American Council on Exercise, a nonprofit fitness organization;
• Atlas Executive Consulting, a consulting company;
• Hughes Marino Inc., a real estate company;
• Pardee Homes, a real estate company;
• PC Housing, a hospitality company;
• SmartDrive, a driver risk management company; and
• The Control Group Media Company Inc., a technology company.