The California Chamber of Commerce has named 22 local chambers of commerce to receive the 2016 President’s Circle Award.
The award, first presented in 2009, recognizes chambers for excellence in business advocacy and helping their members comply with California employment laws.
Representatives of the President’s Circle chambers will be honored at the CalChamber Capitol Summit on May 17 in Sacramento.
Seven of the chambers have received the award all eight years it has been presented.
The 2016 recipients of the President’s Circle award are as follows. Eight-year recipients are marked with an *:
• Greater Bakersfield Chamber*: Nicholas Ortiz, president/CEO;
• Camarillo Chamber: Gary Cushing, president/CEO;
• Greater Conejo Valley Chamber*: Jill Lederer, president/CEO;
• Culver City Chamber*: Steven Rose, president/CEO;
• El Centro Chamber & Visitors Bureau*: Darletta Willis, CEO;
• Greater Fresno Area Chamber: Nathan Ahle, president/CEO;
• Lake Elsinore Valley Chamber: Kim Joseph Cousins, president/CEO;
• Long Beach Area Chamber*: Randy Gordon, president/CEO;
• Murrieta Chamber: Patrick Ellis, president/CEO;
• North Orange County Chamber: Theresa Harvey, president/CEO;
• Oakdale Chamber: Mary Guardiola, CEO;
• Oxnard Chamber: Nancy Lindholm, president/CEO;
• Palm Desert Area Chamber*: Laurie Baldwin, president/CEO;
• Porterville Chamber: Stephanie Cortez, CEO/president;
• Greater Riverside Chambers*: Cindy Roth, president/CEO;
• Roseville Chamber: Wendy Gerig, CEO;
• San Jose Silicon Valley Chamber: Matthew Mahood, president/CEO;
• The Chamber of the Santa Barbara Region: Ken Oplinger, president/CEO;
• Santa Maria Valley Chamber: Glenn D. Morris, president/CEO;
• Simi Valley Chamber: Gioia Goodrum, president/CEO;
• Temecula Valley Chamber: Alice Sullivan, president/CEO;
• Torrance Area Chamber: Donna Duperron, president/CEO.
President’s Circle award recipients published vote records of their state legislators on key business issues, generated letters to state elected officials on issues of interest to members and participated in the CalChamber compliance product resale program at an exemplary level.