The California Chamber of Commerce is helping employers build their HR muscle at several topic-packed training sessions around the state that focus on the employment life cycle. CalChamber employment law experts will also give attendees valuable insight into 2015 cases and regulations that may have an impact on workplace policies and practices in 2014.
Seminars will concentrate on an HR workout for these core strengths:
• Hiring, including I-9 verification and criminal background checks;
• Employee access to personnel files;
• Wage and hour; exempt/nonexempt classification;
• Meal and rest break requirements;
• Basics of leaves of absence, pregnancy disability leave (PDL), Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and California Family Rights Act (CFRA);
• Discrimination and harassment prevention;
• Discipline and termination;
• Policies and best practices
Locations and Dates
The first HR Boot Camp seminar was held December 3 in San Francisco. Other seminars will follow, 9 a.m.–4 p.m., in 2015:
• Fresno: Thursday, January 8; Piccadilly Inn.
• San Jose: Tuesday, January 27; Hyatt Place San Jose/Downtown.
• Redding: Thursday, February 26; Red Lion Hotel.
• Los Angeles: Wednesday, March 4, Sheraton Gateway LAX.
• San Diego: Thursday, April 23, The Lodge at Torrey Pines.
• Santa Clara: Wednesday, June 10, Hilton Santa Clara.
• Sacramento: Tuesday, August 18, CalChamber.
• Laguna Beach: Wednesday, September 2, Montage Laguna Beach.
Registration information for the seminars is available at www.calchamberstore.com. CalChamber preferred and executive members receive a 20% discount. For more information or to register, call (800) 331-8877.